2017 Year Look Back
Nine International Trips In 2017! Praise The Lord!
- Eye exams given to 10,100 people who were told of the love of Jesus prior to their exam
- 475 people made decisions during SMI’s clinics
- Cascading effect for the local churches SMI partnered with
- The church in the Philippines was able to start a Bible study and children’s programs in new areas because of the contacts made during the clinics. The eyecare drew people from so far away the church didn’t even know they were there. Now that church is ministering to them and they are hearing the salvation message via weekly bible studies.
- In Zimbabwe the clinics were the topic of a newspaper article in the closest major city. The administrator of the group we worked with, Dr. Jabulani Mudenda, said this when asked about the effects of the clinics on his organization:
“We as an organization have surely been strengthened, many doors were opened for us in the country since the 3-day-eye-clinic was publicized in the chronicle newspaper which is the government's paper. We have been getting calls from different people inviting us to come and do leadership evangelism and outreaches; hence, some are interested on whether such eye assistance, support and programs are planned for the future and if so when it will be.”
- SMI is not JUST about what happens on the ground while we are there. We want to have a lasting impact that carries on long after we are gone.
- In El Salvador, Pastor Juan Jose put it this way:
“As a local church, we never had an event like SMI; therefore, SMI has helped us to impact our community in a different way. Those days we could see how many people come [a lot!]. There were people that we never thought would speak so well of our church. Today we can perceive more acceptance to the gospel and our church within our community.”
- In Guatemala, after our second trip Pastor Manual said this:
“With the work of local workers and activities such as that of SMI, a growth of 50 people has been achieved, in relation to an average of 200 people who attended in general all the village missions. This represents a growth of 25%. One of the main achievements will be to open a new mission in the center of San Cristóbal, A.V.”
Sight Ministries International went to a small village with many physical and spiritual needs on October 14, 2017. Working with the Ponconchi people, an unreached people group, our team saw 200+ people at the medical clinic and 100+ people at the eye clinic. More than 50 people made decisions for Christ!